A place for reflection, communication and support.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
National Writing Project
In a rather unexpected turn of events, I am registering for the National Writing Project Mid-Winter Conference this Saturday. It is very last minute, but if anyone would be interested in going with me, let me know!
Ah, it's going to be in the upper 40's--I'm going to be looking for crocuses, and if it gets really warm, might poke my clam rake around the back bays.
Many of our students now use the I-pod touch, which can run hundreds of educational applications. They can have the entire works of Shakespeare at their fingertips....for free! Or they can quiz themselves on the periodic table! Students can download programs for virtually every subject and although some of the programs do have a fee, many of them are completely free. If you have the time, stop by the I-Tunes store to check out the flash cards of the 21st century!
2 comments:
Ah, it's going to be in the upper 40's--I'm going to be looking for crocuses, and if it gets really warm, might poke my clam rake around the back bays.
Enjoy the conference!
I will be house hunting. Enjoy and do share when you come back.
Post a Comment